HSEQ Manager - Scott, LA
Our industrial partner is in seach of a Full time HSEQ Manager for their local site. This person is responsible for developing and maintaining safety and quality standards to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels as well as ensuring all employees and the facility is within the state safety standard. He/ She will also audit the Quality Management system, instructing each area, design testing, inspection, product testing and quality system operations. As well as maintain all employee safety training records, ensuring all safety standards are up to date, and implementing safety and quality procedures.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
- Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
- Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
- The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be developing and maintaining quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
- Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localized improvement plans.
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
- Representing and promoting the organization’s safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive).
- Supporting the organizational processes and cultures so that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality issues are not a disqualifying function in the pursuit of business opportunities and improvements are driven into all the products and services that the company deliver by every member of the team.
- Proficient in ISN and PEC 15. Approves SDS for new products
- Performs risk assessment for new and/or existing tasks
- Familiar with management of change principles
- Maintains a quality production program to ensure conformity or purchased material and final products to quality standards.
- Develops and maintains a supplier quality index, utilizing statistical control programs, to assure that only high-quality vendors are retained.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Prepares for and represents the company during all quality control related audits.
- Coordinates and approves all sample submissions of new products and engineering changes.
- Maintains DOT/UN, ASME, ISO and other regulatory requirements.
- Directs the Corrective Action System including acceptability and verification.
- Keeps up to date with quality system improvements and technology within the industry. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for accurately completing and submitting all required reports in a timely manner.
- Developes and maintains product knowledge
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality Control
- Minimum of 10 years experience in metal and plastic fabrication manufacturing
- Minimum of 10 years experience of welding procedures, processes and certified inspection and audit capabilites
- Strong working knowledge of DOT/UN, ASME, AWS, IAN, PEC and ISO standards and regulations
- Work in a process driven manufacturing environment
- Experience in Integrated Managment System ( IMS)
- Develops and maintains product knowledge. Keeps informed of the market, new products or services
Keywords: Safety Manager, HSEQ Manager
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Scott, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 8/20/2018