Survey Party Chief - Lake Charles, LA
Advantage Resourcing is currently seeking highly motivated individuals for Survey Party Chief Positions to be hired on directly with a Reputable Well Established Engineering firm. As a Survey Party Chief you will manage a survey crew to complete assigned field survey projects that will be responsible for boundary surveys, topographic surveys, construction layout and staking, environmental mapping, GPS/GIS surveys, and land surveying. Must possess an understanding of the survey profession and the associated responsibilities of a Crew Chief. Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of the project
- Plan the project workflow prior to starting the project including budgeting and scheduling
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/private land records, survey control point data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way, and utility locations
- Operation of Total Station, Level, GPS receiver, and data collectors in performance of field surveys
- Calculates and turns deflection angles on curves and figures distance to points along curve
- Establishes and sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, etc.)
- Makes sketches and records measurements to indicate exact location of horizontal and vertical control points
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints
- Work in a team environment and on occasion also be willing to work independently
- Conducts proper research to aid in collection of field data
- Follows prescribed safety practices for land surveying
- Responsible for job specific quality
Job Requirements for the Survey Party Chief position include:
- Posses TWIC and Safety Card or have the ability to get
- Posses a valid drivers license with good driving record and submit to criminal background check
- Knowledge and prior field survey work experience.
- Ability to work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day (99% of work in Calcasieu Parish)
- Ability to stand and/or walk for duration on shift.
- Ability to maneuver up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail. Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer. The starting pay for this position is $17.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Keywords: Survey Crew Chief, Survey Party Chief, Party Chief, Land Surveyor, Civil Surveyor, Survey Supervisor
Lake Charles, LA
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Survey Party Chief
City, State or Zip Code: Lake Charles, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 8/28/2018