Stone Setter - Warwick, RI
We are looking for skilled HAND stone setters, who have experience setting precious stones in bezel and channel settings, as opposed to those who glue stones with more of a costume jewelry background.
Pay Rate: $20-$25/hour
• Tests stones in bezel on stone seat and burr out seat with motor driven bur to allow for the correct fit.
• Undercuts bezels when necessary with an inverted cone burr for correct fit on oval type stones.
• Places a stone in the bezel and pounds the bezel over the edge of the stone by hitting a small hand punch with a jewelers hammer around the entire edge until the stone is secured into the bezel.
• Files/bright cuts the bezel to remove all imperfections on the bezel.
• Efficiently operates a flex shaft and a graver max equipped with a variety of drills bit, graver and burrs to set stone into the bezel of the rings.
• Occasionally removes and replaces stones that are already set in finished rings because they are broken or unsatisfactory stones.
Keywords: Stone Setter, Costume Jewelry
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Warwick, RI
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/30/2018