Material handler - Charlestown, IN
- Ability to follow directives and directions.
- Ability to count and perform basic mathematics used in material movement and count control.
- Must be able to understand and communicate to verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to work a rotating shift, with weekends and overtime as required.
- Basic skill in the use of manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- May be trained to operate mobile equipment.
- Must list all relevant skills and qualifications for position when applying online. Please see a member of Human Resources if you need assistance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components. Responsible for laying up, feeding or piling down materials at equipment.
- Jog product off counter stacker and stack neatly on skid to assure good running in bindery or mailing department.
- Separate signatures by hand based on customer specifications.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete skid flags and packaging slips to ensure accurate tracking.
- Install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- May occasionally operate automated equipment and/or industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
12-hour rotating (6am-6pm/6pm-6am) shifts.
$12 - $13/hour 12 hour rotating shifts overtime available
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Charlestown, IN
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 9/05/2018