Senior CNC Machinist - Pineville, LA
Senior CNC Machinist - will set up and operate conventional, special purpose and computer numerical control machines and machining centers to machine metal parts by performing the following duties.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that treats their empolyees like family. The position does have potential for professional growth. Generous benefits package includes: PTO, Health, Dental, EAP, Retirment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Adjust machine offsets to achieve tight part tolerances (+/- .002) regularly
- Ability to edit machine programs to manufacture the most complex and/or high-profile Customer parts
- Demonstrate independent decision-making skills on day-to-day production tasks
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part(s) to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operation, and setup requirements.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Measure, mark, and/or scribe dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers to perform precision machining operations.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Maintain equipment by performing routine maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to operate HAAS, Doosan, GIBBS and Okuma FANUC controls.
- Able and willing to work overtime, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security—Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Quality—Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Adaptability—Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Analytical—Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Attendance/Punctuality --Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability—Follows instructions, responds to management direction; solicits feedback to improve performance. Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Oral Communication—Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
- Planning/Organizing—Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Problem-Solving—Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Graduate or GED, or more than five (5) years recent experience as a CNC Machinist
- Associate degree in Machine Tech. or qualified journeyman program for machining is not required, but preferred
- 5+ year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Expert knowledge of GD & T concepts, blue print features, and G/M codes
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Elevated math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator
- Advanced tool knowledge; must be able to read micrometer and calipers
- Moderate knowledge of feed and speed calculations
- Must be able to work within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Keywords: CNC, Machinist, Mill, Lathe, Setup, GibbsCAM, HAAS, Doosan, Okuma
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Senior CNC Machinist
City, State or Zip Code: Pineville, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 11/29/2018