Logistics Operator - Lafayette, LA
Advantage Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Logistics Operator for a manufacturing company in the Acadiana area. This person will report to the Warehouse/Inventory Manager.
- High School Degree, Technical degree preferred
- 3+ years experience
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Prepares order paperwork; Pick tickets, COA’s, labels and all required shipping documents
- Affixes shipping labels and instructions on cartons, containers or skids
- Utilizes various on-line systems, as well as AS400 to obtain rates, identify and schedule carriers
- Arranges pick-ups with carriers for outbound shipments and outside fillers
- Inspects orders and counts of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, etc is correct
- Ships (domestic and international) using FedEx Ship Manager, UPS.com, and Global Trans
- Reports customs documentation using AES
- Prepare and ship samples as requested
- Upon notification of damaged goods, processes freight claims as appropriate
- Reviews freight bills and approves for payment
- Assist Warehouse Manager with day to day activities
- Comply with all OE Requirements
Candidates should have the following:
- Scheduling of Pickups of needed raw materials and supplies made by purchasing when regular UPS or FED EX is not cost effective. By using the Global Trans System there will be significant cost savings on inbound freight vs. the discounted rates that we are presently using.
- DOT certification / Multimodal Certification
- Shipping of packages for all internal departments using our UPS or FED EX systems.
- Assisting warehouse personnel in labeling of outbound shipments and any other tasks as needed.
- Willingness to work in manufacturing setting in Lafayette, LA.
- The ability to communicate well with others both orally and in writing.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail and work independently.
- The ability to plan and organize multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize requirements while managing available resources
- Computer skills including basic level in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of GMP standards highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Keywords: logistics operator, logistics coordinator, transportation, shipping, dispatch, operations, logistics
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Lafayette, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 9/07/2018