Legal Secretary - Monroe, LA
Workers Comp and Insurance Legal Secretary needed for growing Monroe law firm.
The Legal Assistant will assist defense attorneys and paralegals in the course of their work which often involves defending insurance companies in regards to workers compensation. Because legal assistants are not attorneys and have not been admitted to the bars of any state, legal assistants must always work under the direction of a practicing attorney.
Maintain attorney’s calendars, by scheduling deadlines, hearings, depositions, mediations and examinations under oath.
- Coordinating with judges, opposing counsel, client and other legal positions.
- E-Filing via E-Portal and E-Service.
- Send settlement documents to opposing counsel, follow up and assure completion, file document with the court and send settlement agreement to the client.
- Ensures deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- Send subpoena’s, receive affidavits and invoices, processing when received.
- Request medical records, send invoices in house and to clients.
- Opening and closing files, release forms and follow up with opposing counsel
- Other administrative tasks as requested by the unit’s Associate Attorneys and Paralegals.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- MS Office Suite Knowledge a must
Keywords: legal, workers comp, insurance, defense
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 9/10/2018