W2-Molding Operator - Charlestown, IN
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: The position is primarily responsible for performing activities to safely install and remove molds in molding machine(s) within the plant to ensure that production is maximized, while producing quality product.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Performs pre-use inspection and document equipment performance.
- Performs mold installations and core/cavity changes within the press.
- Makes gear changes as needed.
- Provides resource to maintain tooling, molds, cores and cavities to ensure molds are in a ready to run condition.
- Responsible for SMED to decreasing the downtime from the last molded good part to first good part.
- Verifies quality of products produced Maintain documentation concerning set-up times, core changes and mold changes
- Utilize IQ to aid in the tracking of press status
- Maybe required to perform other duties as needed:
Keep current on quality issues for the products manufactured to assure the production of quality parts:
Trim flash from parts
Visually inspect parts,
Ensure parts are free of defects and residue,
Measure parts to ensure specs are met, Document quality inspections,
Alert the Manufacturing Coordinator, or Cell Lead of quality defects.
Maintain overall housekeeping
All other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Must have “B” level experience or prior experience performing similar duties in Plastic Molding Use of measuring instruments A strong background and experience working in a 6S / lean culture or willingness to learn
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or equivalent
SKILLS REQUIRED: Mechanical aptitude.
COMPETENCIES: Safety Awareness Attention to Detail Customer Focus Initiative Good Attendance Problem Solving Planning & Organizing Supporting Change Verbal & written communication skills
$12 - $14 / hour All shifts available
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Charlestown, IN
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 9/18/2018