Shop Helper - Houston, TX
If you are seeking a career growth opportunity and would like more information regarding this opportunity then Apply Now!!
- Assist with the maintenance, inventory, stocking and moving of all plant property, shop equipment, portable equipment, rolling stock, tools and safety equipment.
- Assist with the performance of the preventive and corrective maintenance program duties to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Maintain a safe and healthy condition on company property to achieve best working conditions and standards of workmanship.
- Assist with loading, unloading, and stocking of maintenance material and supplies to maintain inventories at required levels. Proper safety equipment (e.g.; safety shoes, back support, etc.) must be utilized.
- Assist with the maintenance of all tools and equipment issued for production tasks.
- Assist with the maintenance of an effective weight test program for all equipment (e.g.; hoists, chain falls, wire ropes, come-alongs, nylon straps, etc.) used for any handling purposes. Ensure items are properly visually inspected prior to use.
- Perform general labor tasks as directed by the assigned supervisor or PM. May be required to assist other departments as necessary
- Previous experience as a shop helper.
- Industrial, Manufacturing experience.
- NDE experience is preffered and a huge plus.
- Experience involving pipe, and pressure testing.
- Must be computer savey experienced with Microsoft, Excel, and Outlook.
This position requires that you are able to pass a drug test and national background check.
Our client does not allow any felonies or misdemeanors related to drug,theft, or violence.
Hours: 6AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday & some weekends.
Keywords: Shop Helper, NDE, Piping, Q/A or Q/C, industrial. TNHO
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/08/2018