Forklift Operator - Bowling Green, KY
3rd Shift 10:30pm-6am
- Responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product.
- Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products.
- Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, Report variances as necessary.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management or customer.
Key Relationships: Peers - Work with peers in order to complete warehouse functions accurately. Group Coord Lead - Receive work assignments and training. Management - Receive direction for adhering to company policies, practices, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment is essential.
- Six months warehouse experience and six months forklift operation experience is desirable.
- Essential - Ability to spend 80% of time operating powered material handling equipment.
- Basic familiarity with the warehousing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work specified shifts.
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of warehouse management system equipment.
- Working Conditions: Rarely (0-2%) Pushing (100 lbs), Pulling (100 lbs), Lifting (100 lbs), Carrying (100 lbs), Climbing, and Kneeling. Occasional (3-33%) - Walking. Constant (67-100%) - Sittiing, Standing, Vision (near, far, depth, and peripheral), Operation of equipment (forklift and other power equipment). Working Conditions: 90% inside, 10% outside. Others conditions include: Wet/Humid, Hazards (the work involves risks or discomforts, e.g. working around moving parts and equipment),
Keywords: Forklift Operator
Bowling Green, KY
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Bowling Green, KY
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/09/2018