Procurement/Purchasing Agent - Marksville, LA
Are you a seasoned Procurement/Purchasing professional looking for a change of pace? Do you like the idea of building your own team, implementing your best ideas, and starting with a clean slate? If so, then this is the position for you. A growing organization is currently seeking an experienced procurement veteran to spearhead the rebuilding of their procurement/purchasing department.
- Building an approved vendor list, and developing a standardized process for future potential vendors to apply.
- Renegotiating terms with all current and potential vendors.
- Establishing and implementing purchasing norms and procedures for all departments.
- Developing a standardized RFQ process, with all applicable documents, and the potential adaptation of any necessary software.
- Daily communications with senior leadership
- Working directly with finance and IT to ensure compatibility of all newly developed processes and procedures.
- Strong financial background.
- Ability to operate autonomously, but also be able to lead and train a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, etc.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 6+ years in purchasing or procurement
- Experience building a procurement environment from the ground up
- Familiarity with governmental operations and purchasing
- Experience leading others in purchasing/procurement
This is an excellent opportunity with a will established organization that offers a great benefits package. The position is located in the Marksville, LA area, and relocation reimbursement will be considered for qualified applicants.
Keywords: Procurement/Purchasing Agent
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Marksville, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/08/2018