Facilities Engineer - New Orleans, LA
A local University is seeking a full-time Second Class Engineer in their Facilities Department. This is a newly constructed facility and the position has an excellent benefit package! This is an over night position.
- This position is responsible for the maintenance of all physical plant equipment for the University.
- In addition, you will be required to respond to daily maintenance calls and through work order system.
- Night, weekend, and holiday shifts are required on rotation.
The following items are required physical demands for this role:
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and or ladders.
- Move, lift, carry, push pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 lb. with assistance.
- Qualified applicants must have a minimum of a second class City of New Orleans, operating Engineers License.
- Must have a current boilers and air conditioning certificate.
- At least 5 years of experience in the engineering field.
- Verbal ability is necessary to read and understand technical manuals, motor coordination and finger dexterity are necessary for adjusting valves, using hand tools, lifting, climbing and stooping.
Shift: M-F 10pm to 6am
Pay: $18-20/hour Dependent upon experience, PLUS an excellent benefit package along with many paid holdiays!
Keywords: engineer, new orleans, facility engineer
New Orleans, LA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New Orleans, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 2/18/2019