Chemical Quality Control Technician - Theodore, AL
Principal Accountabilities: (The major activities or end results necessary to fulfill the position
requirements on an ongoing basis)
• Sets up, adjusts, and operates chemical laboratory equipment and process analysis instruments,
such as automated titrators, gas chromatograph, spectrophotometer, centrifuge, agitators, chemical
balance, pH meter and other equipment.
• Collect chemical samples from raw material shipments, plant process points, product storage and
warehouse while maintaining good chemical hygiene.
• Test raw material, in-process, and final products for conformity to specifications per standard
operating procedures and issue Certificates of Analysis.
• Evaluate measurement data for accuracy and precision and devise and implement corrective and
preventive actions for nonconformances working either independently or as part of a team.
• Accurately record and maintain test results for all required analyses in written or database formats.
• Calibrate laboratory instruments and maintain quality system records to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
• Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement, Safety, and Constructive Culture initiatives.
• Write test reports describing procedures and results as needed.
• Cleans, maintains troubleshoots and repairs analytical and laboratory equipment as needed.
• Collect samples from the production process.
• Maintain lab supplies.
• Prepare, package and ship laboratory samples.
• Perform routine/non-routine housekeeping tasks as required to keep area clean and safe.
• Prepare chemical standards and reagents per current instructions.
• Twelve-hour rotating shift (3 on 2 off days, 4AM-4PM). Assigned designated relief for vacation
Keywords: Lab Technician
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Chemical Quality Control Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Theodore, AL
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 11/01/2018