Print Material handler - Charlestown, IN
Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be moved by hand. May feed, remove, flex, jog or stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process product to and from the equipment in the area assigned. Load and unloads materials onto pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand. Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers. Stacks or assembles material into bundles and bands bundles together using banding machine and clincher.
- Able to manually stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a higher level employee.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of shrink-wrap or strapping equipment, manual dollies, pallet jacks, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
- Read work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be manually moved
- May manually feed, remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process product to and from the equipment in the area assigned.
- Manually load and unload material onto pallets, trays, racks, and shelves. Manually load materials onto trucks and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Count, weigh, and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stack or assemble materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
$11 - $13/hr
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Print Material handler
City, State or Zip Code: Charlestown, IN
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 1/16/2019