Mechanic - New Orleans, LA
A growing N.O. East Company is looking for a skilled Mechanic to maintain, repair, assemble and refurbish road vehicles. Must have a strong sense responsibility and accountability to ensure the reliability, safety and the mechanical systems of road vehicles and machinery.
This trade professional must have a mechanical aptitude with the willingness to learn new skills, advance current skills, and share the knowledge and skills developed from their experience. Manual dexterity and great attention to detail is a must!
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices.
- A strong commitment to all safety guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Must have own tools
- Valid certification such as ASE is preferred
Benefits available after 1st 90 days including 401K.
Keywords: mechanic, mechanical, ASE, fleet mechanic, auto mechanic, heavy equipment, truck mechanic
New Orleans, LA
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New Orleans, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 11/27/2018