Design Engineer - Plainfield, CT
Direct Hire Opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and work within a specialized area of manufacturing. Enjoy an environment built on family moral, professionalism and motivation. Full Benefit Package; Including Fully Paid Healthcare, LTD/STD, Dental, Vision and 401k.
• Design of various units for sale to customers using heat transfer design software and 3D modeling software. Included in this are:
o Remote radiator packages (frame, radiator assembly, fan blade and motor) o Coolers (Oil, charge air, etc.)
o Heat Exchangers
o Obsolete Units
• Participating in the manufacturing and planning of industrial units.
• Working closely with the technicians in the shop.
• Traveling to customer’s locations for site visits.
• Writing proposals based on site visits, emails, etc.
• Communicate with the customers and vendors, via telephone or email, as necessary.
• Overseeing Machine Shop.
• Cultivate industry contacts for continuous product knowledge development.
• Possible trade show attendance.
• Working closely with Operations Manager and President for special projects.
• Initiate and participate in special projects to increase company’s flexibility to provide optimal solutions for customer applications.
• Maintain company’s part number catalog, including on-line copy.
• BS or Work Equivalent – Mechanical Engineering (Minimum)
• Strong mechanical background.
• Strong 3-D modeling software background. Will need to supply drawings, assemblies, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
• Experienced in CNC machining.
Keywords: Maufacturing, Design, Engineer, Radiator, Automotive
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Plainfield, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 12/05/2018