Project Manager (PMP) - Pineville, LA
We are looking for qualified candidates that desire a successful career in Project Management. The Project Manager positionwill work directly with Management, Procurement, and Production Supervisors to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials, within or between departments, according to the production schedule. Duties include monitoring and reporting on production, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, and production problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and control all scheduling activities.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with all applicable parties and upon substantial completion, conduct final walkthroughs and punch list item reviews.
- Revise production schedule when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with other departments.
- Monitor and track milestones for orders and deliverables and timely report on key metrics.
- Use system tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods, load level production plan, and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting.
- Interact frequently with sales, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints and eliminate delays.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Conducts pre-construction meeting with all applicable parties and upon substantial completion, conducts the final walk through and punch list item review.
- Coordinate with VP of Operations, area supervisors, the work schedule and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Review production schedules and work orders, to determine material requirements or material priorities.
- Review material needs with planning to requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to evaluate progress of the production schedule and discuss needed changes with management team.
- Advise revisions to production schedules to the production team when required due to production changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Review and coordinate Kanban materials between departments to ensure accurate levels of materials are available to meet customer requirements.
- Monitor and validate stock levels on Kanban materials in Global Shop, and physically in warehouse, are synchronized.
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by the Project Manager and VP of Operations.
Keywords: PMP, Project Management, Machine Shop, Manufacturing, Planning, Scheduling
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Project Manager (PMP)
City, State or Zip Code: Pineville, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/08/2018