Computer Technician - Monroe, LA
Advantage Resourcing is looking for an experienced Computer Technichian.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of desktop operating systems and the ability to address problems then develop and implement solutions.
Candidate must have ability to communicate to business users in a non-technical manner.
The candidate will work both individually and as part of a team during projects and technical support cases.
This position will cover remote support, e-mail migrations, general triage and troubleshooting, maintenance, software upgrades and documentation. We offer exceptional career growth, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. In addition, we have a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software related computer issues
• Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using the Help Desk system
• Track issues to resolution while updating the IT knowledge base with the solutions and logging all support activity
• Create or update technical documentation
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
• Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 IT staff
• Assist remote users Requirements and Skills:
• Candidates with an A+, Network+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications are preferred
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in supporting a diverse group of users
• Experience with configuration of a Microsoft Windows environment (including Windows 7, 8, 10) • General understanding of network concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Basic working knowledge of Windows Server environments
• Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and/or end users
• Good oral and written communication skills
For nearly 50 years, Advantage Resourcing has been successfully finding employment for people and people for companies and our team is available to start helping you today. This rich history puts us in the perfect spot to help you get your ideal job!
Keywords: Computer Science, database mgmt, analyst, tech
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 12/14/2018