Electrical Specialist - Chattanooga, TN
Advantage Resourcing is hiring for an Electrical Specialist for a well-established company in Chattanooga, TN. We need your maintenance abilities! Talk to us to get more details! This position is a full-time opportunity.
Pay rate: $24.46 (Direct Hire)
Shift: Night (4-10hr shifts)
So Why Pick Advantage?
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Benefits
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonuses
- Support from your Advantage Team to help you find the job that fits YOU!
What’s Next? How can you come work for Advantage?
- Call us at 423.296.1225 or text us at 423.296.1916
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/advantagechattanooga
- Responsible for performing job duties in a safe and conscientious manner, following all procedures, and policies established for the plant and calling attention to any unsafe acts observed in the work of others.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Build, program, integrate, service, maintain and operate PLCs
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic components including input/output networks, data highways, variable speed drives and process control equipment, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and equipment, AC/DC drives, AC/DC motors, gages and test equipment.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate leadership and mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed. (Strong Emphasis on preventive maintenance)
- Identify root cause of problems and correct.
- Find ways to mistake proof problems.
- Must be able to be on call at certain times
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level teammates.
- Actively participate on Rapid Improvement Events.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Utilization of SAP Maintenance module.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Prefer certificate, diploma or degree in industrial electronics or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
- Two-year technical degree or the equivalent work experience in a technical field.
- The preferred candidate will have 2 years’ experience and training in PLC programming.
- Technical skills and knowledge needed to work with electrical control systems typically found in an industrial environment, design ladder logic programs and perform tests.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Basic math including working with numbers, angles, shapes, and areas and volumes.
- Basic components of blueprints including scales, symbols and dimensions.
- Basic concepts of electricity, including voltage, current, resistance, Ohm’s Law, types and characteristics of circuits, transformers, and capacitors.
- Difference between direct current and alternating current, how current flows through an AC circuit, how AC current and voltage are affected by inductance and capacitance, true power, reactive power, apparent power, power factor, single-phase systems and three-phase systems.
- Understanding of plant processes; how activity on the floor affects inventory accuracy and, ultimately, financial performance.
- Working knowledge of computer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in working with a Computer Managed Maintenance System (CMMA)
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to lift up to 100lbs.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, and move about the facility.
- Must be able to climb in overhead structures, work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- All candidates interested in this position MUST have the experience as listed above.
- All candidates must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Resumes must be submitted for this position.
Advantage Resourcing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: mechanic, technician, electrician, PLC, Chattanooga, Electrical Specialist, Night shift, Direct Hire, Manufacturing
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Chattanooga, TN
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 12/13/2018