Maintenance Facilities Technician 1 - Gainesville, GA
Maintenance & Facilities Technician 1
Position Summary: The maintenance / facilities technician will be responsible for safely repairing and troubleshooting of production or plant equipment to maintain peak operating condition. Examines equipment to diagnose trouble, dismantles equipment, replaces defective parts, reassembles equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Inspection of manufacturing, assembly, and / or factory equipment to prevent damage or to determine the root cause of malfunctions with equipment or components.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs using hand tools, power tools, shop equipment, test devices, and precision measuring tools.
- Assist and/or install, troubleshoot, and repair of equipment, machinery, lift assists, and devices while referring to blueprints, schematics, and maintenance manuals & catalogs.
- Operate basic fabrication equipment such as lathes, band saws, and other machine shop equipment as needed to fabricate from drawings or sketches.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Follow all safety practices and procedures including LOTO, confined space, etc.
- Research parts and initiate request to purchase.
- Rotate and/or support other business units as needed
- Supports standardized work processes and team oriented goals.
- Assists in continuous improvement activity and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Certify and maintain certifications to use powered industrial vehicles and overhead cranes to perform job functions as applicable.
- Performs daily required equipment checks and operates all equipment safely and in accordance to company policy.
- Understand and comply with ISO 9001, TS16949, and ISO 14001 requirements
- Performs special projects as requested and related tasks as required.
Essential Skills and Experience: • High School Diploma or GED. • English language competency. • . 2 years of industrial maintenance technical training and/or completion of an apprenticeship program.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand for long periods of time, sit occasionally, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; ascend stairs; and ladders; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move 35 â 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to a plant atmosphere with a combination of office and manufacturing floor exposure and at elevated levels (height).
Keywords: industrial maintenance, manufacturing maintenance, machine maintenance, machine repair, troubleshooting, fabrication equipment repair, blueprints, preventative maintenance
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Maintenance Facilities Technician 1
City, State or Zip Code: Gainesville, GA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/07/2019