Customer Service - Chatsworth, CA
A leading architectural lighting design and manufacturing company located in Chatsworth, CA seeks an experienced, career-minded person for their busy customer service & inside sales department. This is a full-time temp-to-hire opportunity.
The Representative acts as the liaison between our customer and our company. This person is essential in driving timely completion of orders, managing customer requests, resolving complaints, increasing sales and relaying information to the sales, purchasing, production, engineering, quality control and shipping teams. This individual must be able to maintain both internal and external professional relationships at multiple levels.
- Enter, assist and manage customer orders as well as modify accurately and timely to meet customer expectations.
- Manage expedited orders, late orders and back orders to set realistic customer expectations and ensure achievement of delivery expectations.
- Communicate with Finance Department to address any credit issue.
- Coordinate orders and requests with internal departments and facilitate technical issue resolution.
- Manage the submittal drawings approval process and serve as a conduit between our internal teams and our representatives and/or the customer.
- Interact with Planning & Purchasing to secure estimated ship dates
- Interact with Production to assure jobs ship as scheduled.
- Handle customer calls/emails, including providing production status, coordinating special instructions and managing customer requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers at both the customer and agent levels.
- Interface with other departments to drive key customer-related manufacturing issues to resolution. Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities in process and communication.
OTHER JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in morning Production meeting .
- Relay customer changes: shipping location, contacts and other important information to proper personnel.
- Assist Accounts receivable staff in obtaining past due payments and mediating payment conflicts, ensuring that customer accounts are current.
- Alert Post Sales of any quality issues.
- Manage incomplete PO’s with customer.
- Assist sales team with quote activities.
- Work as necessary, at critical times, to meet customer deadlines.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and follow up as needed.
- Must be able to embrace change that improves company.
- Comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure Export compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED required (Associate degree in a business-related field preferred)
- Minimum (2) years of related customer service experience desired.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills, analyze and interpret data.
- Trouble shooting skills based on product knowledge. (Will train on products)
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey clearly, ideas and processes.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and timely, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team oriented.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including rare weekend if needed.
Keywords: customer service, client relations, customer, service. inside sales
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Chatsworth, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/28/2018