Application Systems Analyst - Abilene, TX
Advantage Resourcing is now seeking an Applications Analyst, in Abilene, TX for a leading financial institution!
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, WE WANT YOU!
Why Pick Advantage Resourcing? We offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!
- Support from your Advantage Resourcing Team to help you find the job that fits YOU!
The Application Systems Analyst is responsible for all aspects of installing new or enhanced software applications including customer site preparation, post-installation training, and technical support for proprietary financial transaction processing software platforms.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science with Software Development emphasis OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in applications analysis, software implementation
- Able to work occasional holidays, weekends, or extended hours
- Periodic assignment to after-hours support
- Must be proficient in Computer systems
- Desire and ability to self-manage and learn diverse software applications
- Detail-oriented and logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Capable of solving intermediate technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in systems analysis and project management
- Experience in end-user training for software applications.
- Experience in client software installation.
- Experience in banking or accounting software systems (Jack Henry Core)
- Provides remote and on-site software installation services; ensures software applications are fully functional.
- Assists the customer on use and feature functionality of the application.
- Communicates the customer’s needs/expectations to appropriate personnel.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any application issues.
- May analyze transaction processing.
- Help identify software functionality and verify configuration of parameters.
- Required to help test, implement, and evaluate new/existing software/applications.
- Coordinate UAT for existing software updates/changes and any new software introduced in the environment.
- Must be able to learn quickly, be detail oriented, and have effective communication skills.
- Proactively initiates positive change, ready to take independent action, make decisions and prepares in advance.
- Analyzes information skillfully and develops solutions; makes rational, sound, timely decisions based on facts and procedures in place for alternatives available.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
Keywords: IT, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SERVICE DESK, APPLICATIONS ANALYST, DATABASE MANAGEMENT, SOFTWARE INSTALLATION, SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER,
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Application Systems Analyst
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 1/29/2019