Contracts Specialist - Lafayette, LA
Our partner in the Healthcare Industry is looking for a Contract Specialist to join thier growing team. Someone with a paralegal background is preferred.
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and able to handle multiple tasks w ith ease and professionalism.
- Must possess administrative, analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Must have a thorough w orking know ledge of computers and applicable office software including Microsoft Office Suite (Adobe Professional, Outlook, W ord, Excel, Access, Power Point), internet research, and database programs.
- Ensure that all contracts are signed, shipped, countersigned and processed in a timely manner.
- Performs a variety of legal and analytic assignments under the direction of the Director of managed care and attorneys.
- Demonstrates a positive, flexible, customer comes first attitude.
- Manages special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prioritize and manage assignments quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Participates in and facilitate the preparation, execution, negotiation and administration of agreements, contracts and other managed care documents.
- Completes the pro forma and key terms sheet after Director of managed care coordinates with Decision Support. *
- Uphold strict confidentiality at all times regarding all managed care matters, including but not limited to pending and completed negotiations and acquisitions.
- Responsible for tracking all contracts, with particular emphasis on renew als and expiration's and keep internal clients and others informed of contract status and related issues.
- Maintain pending and completed contracts in an organized and accessible system.
- Assist w ith the load of all appropriate information in systems for the Revenue Cycle Department ( Collections) to access for eligibility|authorization|billing guidance.
- Prepares letters of Intent at the direction of the Director of managed care.
- Manages RFPs at the direction of the Director of managed care.
- Responsible for completing language changes at direction of Attorney and Director of managed care.
- Responsible for completing Key Terms w orksheet based on pro forma information gathered prior to contract signatures.
- Manages the CBS w orksheet for payer requirements.
- Attends conference calls as needed during contract negotiations.
- Responsible for completing termination letters as needed for contracts.
- Assists w hen needed to complete acquisition letters to send to payers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Paralegal, Legal Secretaryl, Administrative Assistant
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Lafayette, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 4/13/2019