Mechanical Engineer/QA - Elmwood, LA
Mechanical Engineer wanted for Direct Hire with our Engineering client for a 2-3 year project in Tampa, FL
Services to be provided by the selected candidate will be in support of the Veteran's Affairs Resident Office located in Tampa, Florida in association with a project at the VA Hospital.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing QA, technical support and contract administration
- Reviewing contractor plans and specifications for RFP compliance, constructability, and technical correctness.
- Reviewing contractor submittals, materials lists, test procedures, ICRA plans, and contractor as-built drawings.
- Reviewing design-build contractor's requests for utility interruptions/outages, excavation, hot work, and utility work permits, and checking the on-site hauling and delivery route patterns.
- Reviewing design-build contractor's updated plans and specifications for modifications, clarifications, and significant as-built notations. Reviewing design-contractor's project status, payment applicantions, and proposals.
- Monitoring the progress of various technical disciplines to ensure project schedule. - Conferring with appropriate team members to resolve problems relating to construction and installation of various technical disciplines and systems. Use practical experience and sound construction judgement to provide input and recommendations.
- Coordinating work efforts between USACE, agency, occupants, and design-build contractor's personnel to minimize facility disruptions and maintain the project schedule.
- Conducting daily field inspections to ensure construction activities are executed in accordance with construction documents to predetermined quality standards and producing the Government's Daily Quality Assurance Reports.
- Participating in scheduling, design and construction planning review conferences, tests, demonstrations, and field instructions with the design-build contractor's design and construction team.
- Providing technical interpretation of plans and specifications and feedback to Senior Resident Engineer (SRE) on whether means, methods, and materials employed by design-build contractor meet contract requirements.
- Perform daily inspections to verify compliance with OSHA, EPA, and USACE Safety, and Health Requirements Manual (EM 385 1-1).
- Participate in and provide comments on all prefinal and final inspections.
- Preparing supporting documents for Independent Government Estimates (IGEs)
- Notifying USACE of any potential claims or disputes and any potential disputed interpretations of contract documents.
- Assisting USACE by verifying need for change order and providing draft Statements of Work for change order requests for proposal.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Architecture
- Professional Engineering license in field of expertise is preferred, but not required - Minimum of five years of experience in field of expertise - Experience in building structural systems, including augur cast piles, erection of structural steel and precast concrete panels, and structural concrete systems is desired.
- US Citizenship
- ASHE training/certification
- Familiarity with USACE's 3-Phase QC/Inspection process and EM 385-1-1.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and RMS
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Work requires walking, climbing, stooping, standing, and bending at various elevations and uneven terrain.
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions throughout the year.
Keywords: Tampa, Florida, mechanical engineer, engineer, QA, inspector, contractor, electrical engineer, electrical, architecture, architect
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Elmwood, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 2/18/2019