Production Line Manager - Abilene, TX
Advantage Resourcing is now seeking a Production Line Manager in Abilene, TX!
If you have an eye for quality, and thrive in a fast-paced setting, WE WANT YOU!
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve production.
- Strong focus on yield, throughput, production efficiency, labor efficiency, and other metrics which drive controllable costs.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through consistent and fair problem resolution methods. Administer disciplinary action as needed to maintain a respectful fair work environment, encourage performance and attendance, and enforce company policy.
- Responsible for conducting supervisor performance reviews. Collaborate with supervisors to ensure all production employee reviews are completed.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager. Educate supervisors and employees on key metrics and praise successes to promote momentum and group performance.
- Ensure team members understand and adhere to GMPs, food safety programs/policies, and employee safety.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations including BOLI guidelines limiting allowable working hours and meal and break periods.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and all associated equipment. Be able to analytically and systematically troubleshoot manufacturing issues and develop the team to be self-directed in the same activities.
- Responsible for having a full understanding and ability to utilize appropriate Production/MRP/ERP system functions for planning, recording, monitoring and reporting of production labor usage and variance, and material usage and variances.
- Monitor and oversee employee attendance and time keeping programs. Identify patterns, issues or other areas of concern and work with executive management to resolve issues affecting the plant’s ability to operate efficiently.
- Promote a safe work environment. Perform accident or injury investigations and prepare associated reporting paperwork. Seek expert guidance as needed to understand best practices, identify solutions and implement preventative measures.
- Cover essential Production Supervisor responsibilities in their absence.
- Responsible for all production documents including MCP’s, product specs, and quality documents to ensure they are accurate and ensure all products leaving the facility meet customer quality and spec requirements.
- Work with Leads and all production staff to launch new production lines and ensure that the production staff is thoroughly trained and prepared with access to all new documents.
- Ensure the data captured or entered into company production system(s) is accurate. This includes raw material usage, batch ticket completion, yielding and or any other pertinent data.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PREVIOUS PRODUCTION LINE SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
If this sounds like you, don’t delay – APPLY NOW!
Keywords: production, production line, production manager, production line manager, manager, management, supervisor, food safety,
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Production Line Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 2/22/2019