Retread Press Operator - Abilene, TX
NOW!!!! accepting applications for Press Operators for a local industrial plant. The Press Operators will be responsible for performing press set up, positioning rubber extrusion rolls into conveyor and press, stripping tread from mold and removing from press, operating trimmer and changing the molds on the presses. Press Operators will also be using the computer to load/unload, and monitor press temperatures.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable: Standing continuously, Lifting up to 100+ lbs frequently, bending, stooping, gripping, pulling, kneeling, reaching and walking frequently.
- Ability to follow fact sheet to program computer for temperature, bumps, dwells, to control robots
- Reading english required to read fact sheet
- Ability to follow step by step procedure, directions; either written or oral - requires ability to sequence
- Basic knowledge of computer keyboard and inputting data required, or ability to understand and learn basic computer skills
- Able to read numbers to understand fact sheet specifications
- Able to recognize defects in tread
- Able to recognize safety hazards and react in emergency to shut off equipment.
- Able to problem solve and make adjustments/corrections as needed
- HS or GED preferred or equivalent skills
- Continuing education - attend required training classes
- Must submit to a background check and drug test
- Attend and pass pre-employment physical and fit camp
If you want to work for a GREAT company, with great benefits, APPLY TODAY!
Keywords: press operator, manufacturing, light industrial, warehouse, retread press operator, heavy machinary
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Retread Press Operator
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 2/26/2019