Accounting Clerk - Monroe, LA
Advantage Resourcing in Monroe is looking for an Accountant for one of our Well Established and Growing companies!
This position will be responsible for compiling, maintaining accounts payable records and ensure timely completion and accuracy of all invoices for end of month closeout procedures, maintain and control costs through inventory price book, reconcile monthly vendor statements and coordinate with vendors to resolve all outstanding items and review any open and un-reconciled items.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Advise management of problems or discrepancies as they arise.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Data entry / clerical skills a must
- Some Accounting, Finance coursework or certification preferred
- Accounts payable process and controls experience required
- Proficient skill using Microsoft Office products – primarily Outlook and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Keywords: accounting, bookkeeping, ap/ar
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/15/2019