HR Manager - Marksville, LA
The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function with a heavy focus on benefits administration, policies and procedures.
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- A heavy focus will be placed on overall benefit administration as it pertains to hourly employees.
· Qualified candidate will have at least 5 years of prior HR / Benefit Administration experience.
· Must have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field, and a strong focus on implementing change.
· PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP preferred.
· Must have strong leadership skills and be able to provide ideas in order to create new processes.
- Benefits Administration: 5+ years (Required)
- Human Resources: 5+ years (Required)
Keywords: Human Resources, HR, Benefits, Personnel, HR Manager
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Marksville, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/15/2019