Bilingual production Supervisor/ Manager - Georgetown, TX
The Production Supervisor/Manager is responsible for optimizing operational excellence at the mining & fabrication facility including safety, delivery, quality and cost. This includes aligning assets and people to significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of production processes, flow and output. This position is responsible for helping create and facilitate improved production tracking, reporting and inventory control. This includes evaluating mining and manufacturing activities and helping create standard work to utilize best practices. The Production Supervisor/Manager is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy work environment and managing to MSHA and TCEQ standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ownership of core KPI’s to measure and manage Safety, Quality and Productivity at each stage of the mining and fabrication process.
- Structure and optimize staffing to promote high efficiency work flow, quality products, and minimize payroll expenses, while exceeding customer expectations on delivery and quality.
- Facilitate daily production tracking and reporting processes.
- Ensure safety compliance of all production workers including but not limited to enforcement of PPE policy and adherence to all MSHA regulations.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and retain all production personnel.
- Manage Team Leads to direct daily work of all team members in both the mine and production areas.
- Work directly with Sales and Scheduling to set production priorities to meet customer expectations.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to produce samples in a timely manner.
- Work with the Salado Facilities Manager to track and maintain equipment PM schedules.
- Assist Facilities Manager in scheduling and prioritizing equipment repairs in a timely fashion in order to minimize downtime.
- Manage timekeeping of employees for weekly payroll input, including managing employee absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Thorough understanding of lean manufacturing practices and capable of applying those principals to the mining and manufacturing of natural stone products.
- Proven ability to compile and analyze data and make decisive recommendations based on the data.
- Results driven, must demonstrate desire and ability to consistently meet or exceed objectives.
- Proven effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to learn about natural stone and its uses in the building process. This includes the geology of types of stone, production abilities/limitations of different types of stone.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and processes.
- Takes initiative, works effectively independently, self-motivated
- 5-10 years management experience required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) required
Keywords: production manager, production control management, construction management, MSHA, LEAN Manufacturing
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Bilingual production Supervisor/ Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Georgetown, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 3/18/2019