Maintenance Planner/Scheduler - Ruston, LA
The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler’s primary role is to improve work force productivity and work quality by eliminating in advance potential delays and obstacles. The position is responsible for the planning and scheduling of all maintenance work performed in the area assigned.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan future maintenance and develops work plans, to reduce potential delays and maximize maintenance workforce efficiency based upon work request and field inspections.
- Reviews and screens each work order, to ensure that it is properly filled out and work requested is needed.
- Estimate jobs showing sequence of steps, the number of tradespersons, and required labor hours for each step.
- Identify and obtains materials, entering material needs on the work order.
- Verifies availability of parts, materials, and special tools required for execution before scheduling.
- Develops a maintenance work schedule and coordinates daily, weekly and monthly scheduling of maintenance plans.
- Develop standard work order plans for regularly recurring repair jobs, to simplify the planning process
- Plan, schedule, and execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for ordering parts according to lead times and procuring required outside services as needed.
- Updates Plant Maintenance systems
- Monitor effectiveness of the preventive and predictive maintenance program to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Ensure personnel follow all safety policies.
- 3 plus years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing facility or equivalent military experience required.
- Mechanical/Electrical background necessary
- Planning/Scheduling experience within a manufacturing facility
- Have adequate trade knowledge to estimate labor hours, materials, and visualize the job to be performed
Keywords: Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Schedule, Planner, Scheduler, Maintenance
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Ruston, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/22/2019