Legal Assistant - Monroe, LA
Advantage Resourcing is working with a Monroe area Law firm that is looking for a Legal Assistant with Personal Injury experience.
We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about helping injured victims. You should be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) and extremely detail oriented and organized. It is critical that you are a self-starter who can tackle tasks and show extraordinary productivity.
Our ideal candidate is passionate, confident, trust-worthy, motivated and will work well both independently and within a team. Our managing partner is often in trial so it is very important that your experience level allows you to work independently at the office when he is not available.
Supporting clients is the number one priority and customer service is extremely important to.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a legal secretary at a personal injury law firm. Familiarity with personal injury, court rules and e-filing, discovery and trial prep are required. You will also be requesting medical records. Only experienced candidates will be considered.
Legal secretary will be answering the phone and then directing calls to both paralegals and attorneys. You must be comfortable, confident, outgoing and friendly on the phone.
- Taking calls from potential clients and running them through our intake process
- Receiving and placing telephone calls; scheduling and making appointments
- Requesting medical records
- Monitoring files in our case management system to ensure exceptional client communication
- Using our web software to keep lists of leads, clients, etc. for marketing
- Checking of voicemails and faxes: relaying messages to paralegals and attorneys
- Mailing of marketing materials to potential clients
- Handling inbound and outbound mail
- Assisting with office administrative duties by making photocopies of correspondences, documents, and other printed matters.
- Scanning discovery and maintaining e-files
- Organizing and maintaining documents and case files
- Emailing managing partner a daily breakdown of calls and messages
- Calendaring and confirming of depositions
- Calendaring of meetings and appointments
- helping paralegals prepare trial binders
- helping paralegals prepare deposition binders
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals in collecting information relevant to caseloads
- Drafting and typing office memos, letters and other correspondence
- Reviewing legal publications and performing database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases
- Submitting articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use
- Completing various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred. Associates Degree or Legal Secretary Certificate a bonus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the legal field; equivalent combination of education and/or experience considered
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal document management (e.g., briefs, summonses, complaints, motions, pleadings and discovery)
- Ability to provide stellar customer service
- Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation usage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point; ability to operate basic office equipment such as a copy machine, fax machine, printer, scanner, and computer; proficient with internet research
- Accurate typing skills with the ability to type 60 WPM
- Previous calendaring experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
The most important qualities this person should possess are as follows:
-confident and energetic on the phone
-strong communication skills
-comfortable receiving inbound calls from attorneys, clients and insurance adjusters
-organized and detail oriented
-ability to learn new computer/software programs
-have excellent computer skills
-knowledge of personal injury law
-experience working as a legal secretary
-passion for helping injured victims
Keywords: legal, law, paralegal, secretary
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/27/2019