Manufacturing Engineer - Woodstock, CT
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Assists managers in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Supports Lean principles
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Personal Protective Equipment is provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience and/or training in safe work environments, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: CAD, Solidworks, Manufacturing, Engineer
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Woodstock, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 4/09/2019