Heavy Braider - Plainfield, CT
Advantage Resourcing is looking for a Heavy Braider. This is a temp to hire opportunity in Plainfield, CT.
Our wire mesh grips are used in a variety of cable pulling, strain relieving and weight support applications. Wire mesh grips have traditionally been used in the utility, industrial, mining, construction and OEM markets but find new and interesting applications in the communications, information, military, medical and special product or application.
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mon – Fri
- Production oriented position.
- Requires use of both hands to weave wires on a mandril to form a wire mesh cable grip.
- Requires you to:
- Place wires on hooks at the top of the mandril.
- Weave wires over and under to form diamond mesh pattern.
- Master the crawl method of braiding.
- Accomplish single weave braiding, multi-weave braiding and double weave braiding.
- Terminate braid according to print
- Learn to assemble equalizers onto the mesh.
- Use pneumatic compression for connector grips.
- Must be able to count accurately and measure.
- Must be able to read and follow job work sheets and or prints.
- Must practice Lot Control
- Required to monitor work for quality.
- Good attendance / punctuality required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- After training must be able to maintain consistent production rate
Maintain clean department.
Other duties as required by supervisor to meet production needs.
Keywords: Twist, braid, wire, manual, operator
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Plainfield, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 4/04/2019