Production Supervisor - Plainfield, CT
Do you want to work for a one of the kind company? Our client is one of just a few companies in the country that create this product.
This is a temp to hire position however could be direct hire for the right candidate.
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of production departments in processing materials or manufacturing products by performing the following duties. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, working supervisor, possessing safety awareness, is detail oriented with excellent follow up and communications skills. High mechanical aptitude is desirable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: include the following and other duties as required.
• Working Supervisor performs machine set ups.
o Basic Press set up
o Lathe set up
• Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates.
• Supports production planning goals, priorities, and sequences, to ensure customer needs are met.
• Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Supports and follows standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Compiles stores and retrieves production data.
Supervisor Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with standard operating procedures, company policies and applicable laws.
Education / Experience: Minimum B/A from an accredited college. Position requires a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a related field or combination of training and experience in metal working trades.
Competencies: Candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be a team player with all departments in the company. Candidate will possess the ability to balance teamwork with individual responsibilities, possess strong interpersonal skills, promote quality, be dependable and possess strong leadership skills.
Keywords: LATHE, supervisor, manufacturing, cables, wire, quality, production, management
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Plainfield, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 4/09/2019