Maintenance Technician Lead - Putnam, CT
Maintenance Technician Lead
The Maintenance Technician Lead is an experienced facility and equipment maintenance professional providing support for the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. This position shall be responsible for providing and performing corrective and preventative maintenance, calibrations, and support services for the equipment as well as building and facility systems and utilities. All work is to be completed in a compliant fashion in accordance to current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards, FDA regulations, and procedures and requirements.
This position must possess the knowledge to troubleshoot and repair complex manufacturing equipment with minimal guidance and/or supervision; it is expected that this role will develop, coach and train other technicians and should have excellent communication and documentation skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures all work is performed in compliance to cGMP, FDA and company requirements; documentation is complete and accurate.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all electrical systems, building automation and control systems and PLCs. Able to operate, troubleshoot and repair control systems.
- Performs regularly scheduled compliance checks on plant utility systems including, water systems, satellite waste areas, etc.
- Perform in-house calibrations, as necessary; analyze and interpret results from calibration certifications (both in-house and through 3rd parties)
- Schedule in-house and external calibrations using electronic maintenance management system
- Schedule and work with outside vendors and/or contractors for facility-related repairs and/or calibrations.
- Determine equipment and instrument’s accuracy and tolerances
- Maintain cleanliness of production areas and equipment while ensuring procedures are followed and the area meets all requirements for audit readiness.
- Assist Manufacturing Operations when and where applicable by verifying completion of equipment setups, weight verifications for scales and balances, etc.
- Must wear and abide by all safety precautions and wear the necessary personal protective equipment for a given process.
- Oversee work and provide training for less experienced maintenance and/or other technicians.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements following the associated documentation, diagrams, schematics, operation manuals, etc., and documents its completion compliantly.
- Repairs or replaces control devices such as switches, proximity sensors, push-buttons, contactors, motor starters, thermocouples, etc., as needed.
- Modifies and upgrades equipment to meet production and safety standards.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled (reactive) repairs of production and facility equipment and machinery, as needed.
- Troubleshoot line/equipment mechanical and electrical issues and efficiently perform corrective maintenance to bring line/equipment back into a safe, running and reliable state.
- Perform basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and/or other trades as necessary.
- Write Work Instructions, equipment qualifications and/or other documentation, as required.
- Support all efforts for environmental health and safety; may be responsible for the oversight of hazardous waste.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations
- Familiar with National Electrical Code (NEC), particularly NFPA 79: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
- Maintains equipment, part and supply inventories, as needed, by ensuing appropriate levels of stock are readily available.
- Clearing of walkways and sanding during snowstorm, as required.
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call duties with other maintenance and/or facility personnel.
- Other duties may apply
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing operations and maintenance of building utility systems, HVAC systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and/or manufacturing equipment in a GMP/pharmaceutical environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to work independently under little or no supervision or in a team environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail, problem solving and the ability of multi-task and prioritize
- Great written and verbal communication
- Great understanding of pharmaceutical GMPs and FDA regulations
- Experience with the disposal of hazardous waste
- Must be able to work in a pharmaceutical clean room environment, when needed
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools and electric meters
- Able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, hoists, etc.
- Must pass a baseline medical and pulmonary test
- Associates degree in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Well versed in reading control schematics, loop diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), etc.
- Advanced understanding of electrical and mechanical controls, and/or other systems
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with electronic quality management systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Proficient with Building Management Systems, as well as electronic maintenance management systems
- Licensure(s) in any of the following: electrical HVAC, plumbing, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders
- May require working in clean room, pharmaceutical manufacturing environment including the use of gowning and other PPE including but not limited to the use of PAPRs.
- May be exposed to high noise environments
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions
Keywords: Maintenance, OSHA, Calibrations, Utilies, GMP, FDA, NEC, NFPA, Electrical, CAD
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Maintenance Technician Lead
City, State or Zip Code: Putnam, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 4/09/2019