Color Lab Technician - Putnam, CT
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform thermoplastic color matching support and corrections. This position requires preparation of samples for use in any and all equipment and operation of 27mm and 16mm twin screw extruders, a DS single screw extruder, and an injection molding machine.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the color matching process from the creation of standards to providing sample chips for customer approval
- Create or use existing processes
- Troubleshoots processing issues on existing processes. Assists in resolving equipment problems
- Evaluates new equipment for uses in the center
- Assists in the installation of new equipment
- Assists maintenance engineering on projects involving the Innovation Center
- Create manufacturing processes for developing products
- Effective communication skills to execute core job responsibilities across the organization, this includes both verbal and written
- Generate data for technical reports for internal and external purposes
- Document process improvements
- Create or modify work instructions as needed
- Assists in the preparation of technical documentation and procedures
- Other duties as directed or assigned by management
- Minimum of 2 years color matching experience
- Knowledge of Injection molding, twin screw compounding and profile extrusion will be necessary. Candidate can be trained in missing disciplines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of basic math skills.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and follow written instructions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Associates Degree or higher level is desired.
Keywords: Injection molding, fda, color matching, maintenance, engineering, thermoplastics
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Color Lab Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Putnam, CT
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 4/09/2019