Java Developer - San Francisco, CA
Our client’s Information Technology – Application Development department has immediate openings for JAVA software developers. In this critical role, you will design, develop, test, implement, debug and support critical enterprise applications in a diverse technical environment. These positions may include both development and support responsibilities so the ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is critical. Frequent interaction with customers and other groups is normal, so excellent communication and teamwork is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Design, develop, code, test, build, deploy, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
• Participate in a 24x7 support rotation. This includes answering user questions, fulfilling user requests, resolving system issues, etc.
• Work with other technical staff to understand problems with software then develops specifications and estimates to resolve them.
• Must be willing to travel overnight as required. Essential Qualifications/Experience
• Enterprise-level Java application development programming experience. Experience should include architecture, design, development, testing, build, implementation, and post-implementation support.
• Experience developing secure, high availability, interactive web applications. • Excellent oral and written communication.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents.
• Proven ability to clearly document processes and procedures.
• Proven ability to complete tasks or project assignments with minimal supervision.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, organized, detail oriented, work well in a team environment, and have a strong drive for success.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Sun Java Certification
• Exposure to the following technologies and tools o Scripting: Maven o Reporting software (Business Objects) o Test management software (HP Quality Center or other) Specialized Experience
• 5 - 7 + years minimum experience of enterprise-level Java application development
Experience working on projects of moderate - major complexity.
Experience executing the build and deployment of applications.
Experience in architecting new software and software enhancements a plus.
Experience leading a java development team and mentoring other developers a plus.
Experience designing, managing and executing the build and deployment of applications a plus.
12 - 18 month contract in San Francisco 10% travel required
Keywords: java development, sql, ide, test, build
San Francisco, CA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/19/2018