Mechanic-Diesel Tech redding - Redding, CA
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
* Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
* Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
* Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
* Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
*Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge
Keywords: Diesel , Tech, Mechanic, maintenance, transportation
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Mechanic-Diesel Tech redding
City, State or Zip Code: Redding, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/24/2018