Material Handler - Chester, SC
Job Duties & Responsibilities: *Must be able to routinely lift/carry 50+ pounds*
1) Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
2) Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
3) Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using handtools.
4) Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using handtruck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
5) Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
6) Makes simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using handtools.
7) Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or vehicles, using handtools and precut lumber.
8) Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
*MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK & DRUG TEST*
Hours are 6:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday
Pay = $9.50/Hour - OT will be available beginning in March 2014
Keywords: material handler, warehouse, general labor
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Chester, SC
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 7/20/2018