Mechanical Design Engineer - Lexington, KY
Mechanical Design Engineer
· The primary function of this position is to design and make improvements to existing products.
· Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
· Designer of surface detailed fixtures and materials.
· Designer of small mechanisms for the purpose of assembly and/or part manipulation.
· Familiar with robotics and fastening preferred.
· Work with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner.
· Advanced user of Solid Works, Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of tasks.
· Works under general supervision.
· Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty.
· 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
· Must provide a portfolio and/or drawing(s) upon interview.
· Paid Holidays
· Profit Sharing and more!
· Must have design experience and be able to explain and show drawings in an interview.
· Must be able to use SolidWorks, Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD.
· Experience with robotics and automation preferred.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Hours: Full-time Day Shift 7am – 3:30pm
Pay: Salary $58,000+ Depends on Experience
Location: Lexington, KY
A retained candidate should be able to demonstrate each requirement above within 30 days of hire. Experience maintaining and/or working with automation Experience with trouble-shooting electro-mechanical systems Experience with the "set-up" or "tuning" of electro-mechanical devices Knowledgeable with electrical aspects of automation (Vision, Controllers, Servos, Cylinders, Robots)
Keywords: lexky, mechanical engineer, design engineer, engineer,