Collections Agent - Shreveport, LA
We are currently looking for a Collections Agent to work in a busy office, making calls to solicit payment, and helping customers get their accounts caught up. Reliability is key in this position and well as persistence!
Collections Agent Tasks:
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of neighbors.
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
Collections Agent Requirements:
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar field
- Ability to pass all pre-screening including drug testing and background checks
- Responsibility and Reliability are key
- Data-entry and computer skills are a must
Keywords: clerical, collections, accounting, calling, phones, collections agent, office
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Shreveport, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 4/18/2019