Test Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Software Test Engineer
A primary application development organization for the Federal Reserve System, SF ITS maintains a deep and diverse team of developers on a variety of platforms. The division has a vital interest in ensuring the quality of our applications through mature lifecycle management and comprehensive testing that covers static analysis, unit, system integration, usability, security and performance.
As a member of the Middle and Applications Services Support QA Group in Information Technology Division, the candidate will take on a variety of tasks that include:
• Development of test strategies, plans, effort estimates and schedules for test efforts.
• Creation of scripts, and script automation using standard industry tools for functional and performance testing
• Reporting, and communication of test results to development and business technicians and management.
Currently our group supports locally developed applications and vendor systems. We also provide, centralized configuration and build management, automated testing services, support for ALM, requirements management and quality management systems.
Based on experience, the candidate may assist in development activities, including design, coding and testing, and build managements familiarity with ANT/Hudson/Maven is a real plus with test automation tools.
Working with a variety of customers at different technical levels, the candidate will need strong communication, business analysis and broad technical skills.
The ideal candidate would:
• have some development experience
• have significant software quality assurance experience
• have a logical and systematic approach to testing and the use of automation
• be a stickler for quality, attention to detail, and maintenance of high standards
• be a good communicator, both oral and written
• Degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and training
• Experience in QA and testing Web and client-server applications
• Experience with test automation.
• Experience with Test Director, Quality Center /ALM or other defect tracking system.
• Understanding and facility with relational databases and SQL
• Experience with Loadrunner, JMeter or other performance testing tools.
• 2-4 years experience with QTP.
• Professional development experience,
• Experience in agile principles.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of configuration management
• Build experience; facility with build scripting products like ANT, MAVEN or Jenkins or Hudson
• JUnit experience ,Selenium, or Cucumber experience
Keywords: Quality Center, Test, SQA
San Francisco, CA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/19/2018