Injection Mold Process Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
The Process Engineer is responsible for process engineering activities in the field of injection molding. Responsible for transferring the injection molding know-how (production operations) to the OEM NA plants by supporting the launch of all injection molding programs in all new facilities across NA region and by supporting the launch of new lines/programs in existing plants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production setup (until pre series)
- Support plant teams during production set-up by; Training workforce, Conduct process training, Optimize system performance (line, dies, automations, furnace, …)
- Launch (until Start of Production)
- Support during process set-up and pre-series
- Train workforce for correct maintenance of injection molding system (dies, equipment)
- Ramp-up of series production (until 3 month after SOP)
- Follow-up training to workforce
- Transfer injection molding specific know-how within the plants
- Best-practice meeting at plant level
- Lesson Learned with Industrial group and division
- Work closely with NA plants to support quality audits.
- Report on a weekly basis the status of current projects.
- Work closely with Edscha divisions worldwide to improve existing injection molding lines.
- Be part of the operational improvement team to improve existing injection molding lines in NA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four year college degree is preferred with a major in engineering. A suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
- Training in Problem Solving and Project Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands on exposure and knowledge of all areas of injection molding manufacturing, design and engineering.
- A dedication to teamwork and management by consensus.
- Understanding of ISO/TS 16949 principals and requirements, and commitment to meet all standards.
- Ability to represent OEM in a productive manner under all conditions involving direct customer interface.
- Ability to act independently to find answers and solve problems and lead team efforts in these areas.
- Must possess good analytical abilities and leadership abilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of the shipping Operations. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Injection Mold Process Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 322487
Posted Date: 4/24/2018