Manufacturing Test Engineer (Storage) - San Jose, CA
As a Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will help define the overall product test strategy, develop and maintain manufacturing product test automation software, develop and deploy the associated test infrastructure and processes and facilitate integration of test systems as needed. You are a self-motivated individual who works well in a cross functional team environment (operations, software development, QA and engineering).
Focus areas will be on cost effective solutions that optimize test coverage, throughput and product quality including correlation of field data with factory data. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways.
• Development and support of test automation software with a focus on product quality
• Development of test strategies, plans, procedures and debug guides
• Full validation of standard cadence test SW releases inclusive of ODM/JDM/CM partners
• Participation in pre-FCS and early life testing for new hardware and OS releases
• Provide training and support to ODM/JDM/CM partners
• Support test strategies and methods for validating field returns
• Work in close partnership with manufacturing and supply chain partners throughout the process to resolve issues
• Process optimization for cost, quality and throughput
• Strong familiarity with x86 based hardware and storage solutions
• Leverage Supplier, Factory and Field data to improve test strategies and processes
• Strong aptitude for problem-solving
• Demonstrate analytical expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, ideally BSEE, BSCS or BS Computer Engineering
• A minimum 8+ years’ experience as a test engineer in storage, networking or computer engineering or related field in a CTO manufacturing test development environment
• Experience with Linux and Python (additional experience in C, C++, BASH ideal).
• Proven experience introducing manufacturing test to outsourced partners
• Self-motivated, team player, able to pro-actively communicate throughout all levels and functions of the organizations and work well in a multitasked fast paced environment.
• Some travel required (may include international)
San Jose, CA
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Test Engineer (Storage)
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 322605
Posted Date: 4/23/2018