Production Technician - Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City, OK 73179
Contract to Hire
Day Shift (Must be able to work 10 hour shifts on 7 day rotation schedule)
This position has responsibility for operating an Air Separation Unit in Oklahoma City, OK, maintaining plant production, operating efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety in the Merchant Gases Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Monitors and maintains the safe operation of an Air Separation Facility which produces cryogenic products.
• Controls flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC system
• Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base adjusting flows and production rates
• Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
• Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to maintain quality assurance.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records in accordance with all safety, quality, regulatory and production requirements, such as plant readings, plant maintenance, instrument calibrations, etc
• Performs preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment.
• Responsible to troubleshoot, repair and calibrate process and system problems to restore efficient operations, including PLC, DCS, and other computer interface stations; control valves, pneumatic and electronic control equipment and instruments.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
• Maintains compliance with Airgas 12 Life Saving Rules and Safety Pledge
• Requires 100% compliance with all Airgas safety policy and procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5 plus years industry experience; or two years technical college or military technical experience and 3 plus years related experience.
• Requires the ability to use common hand tools and test equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment..
• Water Treatment - understand the water treatment principals and equipment a plus.
• Refrigeration - A basic understanding of refrigeration systems a plus.
• Air Separation - A basic understanding of air separation and associated technologies a plus.
• Must be able to work 10 hour shifts on 7 day rotation schedule
• Must be able to share on-call responsibilities with other Operator Technicians to facilitate uninterrupted plant operation.
• Must have the ability to work alone, weekends, and holidays.
• Requires continuous mental and visual attention to operate equipment, make repairs and adjustments.
• Requires the ability to use computer programs to effectively analyze, document and track specific initiatives and goals set by management
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Please send your current Resume for official consideration (Word or Text format preferred).
Oklahoma City, OK
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Production Technician
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 322776
Posted Date: 4/23/2018