Ergonomics Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- Co-lead issue resolution of driver distraction related topics working with cross-functional teams (referencing guidelines/regulations from NHTSA, FMVSS, AAM, ECE, etc). Design and conduct user research and studies to assess various HMI proposals.
- Assess flows and screens for Driver Distraction using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as required.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure issues are closed in a timely fashion.
- Sign-off components and programs driver distraction requirements.
- Author/update driver distraction related ergonomic requirements (Trustmark, SDS, etc.) working with HMI, Electrical Engineering, Design Studio, Design and Release activities, and Vehicle Engineering activities.
- Participate in research and synthesize findings into actionable insights and new sign-off procedures.
- Conduct and summarize detailed benchmarking to assist with updates to the ergonomic standards and principles.
MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint Minitab or equivalent Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- OEM Program experience and knowledge of GPDS, eFDVS, Feasibility Checkpoint (FC) Process, and other program driven process.
- Working knowledge of CATIA/TCe is desired, but not mandatory.
- Adobe Suite, Statistics, Visual Basic, Visual Studio and Java Script desired
0-5 yrs minimum. 3-5 preferred with Driver Distraction related work
BS degree specializing in Human Factors/Ergonomics is required (would also consider Industrial Engineering or Automotive Eng degree with applicable ergonomics experience)
MS in Human Factors
- Passion for engineering and product excellence.
- Good communication, meeting, and presentation skills, comfort with a dynamic work environment .
- Ideal candidate should possess great people skills and should have the ability to integrate seamlessly into the program team environment
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Ergonomics Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 323833
Posted Date: 5/2/2018