Marketing Associate of Restaurant Industry - Irvine, CA
Job Title: Marketing Associate (Restaurant Industry)
Location: Irvine, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / BASIC FUNCTION
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for executing and measuring the effectiveness of the company’s comprehensive marketing and communications strategies under the direction by Marketing Manager
This position supports strategic communication planning, brand management and the development of overall marketing planning, as well as individual campaigns to achieve programmatic objectives. The Associate is expected to create and design editorial and graphical content.
A marketing associate is a professional who is responsible for handling various responsibilities and tasks in the marketing department of a company. The numerous facets of the job is to include effective research, planning, advertising, and working to make various restaurants, a grand success.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaise with advertising companies to prepare detail marketing and promotional materials (print and electronic). Ensure the placement of ads in relevant journals and the distribution of materials to the community within specified timeframes.
• Plan and implement corporate marketing strategy including advertising and PR including event.
• Create company literature and other forms of communication
• Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
• Work with advertisers for timely and useable ad submissions,
• Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications.
• Design and launch email marketing campaigns.
• Recommend, implement and maintain site design and operation.
• Work with manager and business units to determine event budget and manage expenses to that budget.
• Promote restaurants and services through public relations initiatives.
• Develop marketing communications campaigns.
• Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
• Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts
• Research media coverage and industry trends.
• Develop fresh story ideas.
• Plan and implement advertising and PR for new restaurant opening
KEY WORKING RELATIINSHIPS
Contacts are frequent with Director, Merchandising, Store Manager and Corporate Planning Office that are normal course of performing duties. Work closely with outside vendor and agent for sales and marketing.
• A cross-functional activity is required.
• Under management general direction takes independent and original action and works with independent judgment within the framework of established policies and procedures. This position requires travel to cover North America and Hawaii.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTION OF THE JOB. THE JOB DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL MISCELLANEOUS, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DUTIES, WHICH MAY BE ASSIGNED DURING NORMAL OPERATIONS.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred
Minimum of two (2) years work experience in product, marketing, client services
Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for assigned projects
Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects at once, prioritizing tasks as needed
Excellent meeting management and effective verbal and written communication skills with diverse audiences
Demonstrated ability to successfully project manage projects and collaborate with a cross-functional team under tight deadlines
Ability to work collaboratively, without direct reporting authority, to get results
Demonstrated success at innovating in a fast paced, very dynamic environment
Willing and excited to work in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly expanding company
Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication and an open mind
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Preferable to have same skills in Japanese.
Must have proficient in Microsoft Windows applications of MS Office
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Marketing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Marketing Associate of Restaurant Industry
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 324230
Posted Date: 5/4/2018