Designer - Jupiter, FL
Supervision and task assignment for in-house mechanical drafters and designers.
- Involved with departmental coaching and recruitment activities.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Engineering Leader (MEL) to create multifaceted designs, as well as, finalize layouts and BOM’s
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions.
- Check/evaluate designs for functionality & cost effectiveness
- Inspect details for manufacturing accuracy and cost effectivinessExamine and ensure the precision of BOM’s
- Technical and cost input on bid and proposals.
- Lead mechanical designer on projects and programs designed in-house.
- Final review of all mechanical drawing packages.
- Support weekly production meeting as needed.
- Interface with production control in support of subcontracting mechanical fabrication.
- Support assembly department with tooling design to facilitate assembly and alignment of systems.
- Interface directly with our customers in design reviews and technical meetings.
- Maintain, understand, and follow document control and revision procedures.
- Manage drawing control for projects including production of drawings, control and release to project management and engineering change orders.
- Support purchasing, as required, by interacting with machine shops to produce a high quality product at a lower cost.
- Support assembly in troubleshooting and clarification of assembly process.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or 7-10 years of experience in mechanical design or drafting of opto-mechanical systems.
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of designers in precision mechanical assemblies.
- 10+ years of mechanical design checking experience.
- Capability to self-direct the development of complex designs
- Adeptness to create a system concept with little to no direction
- Experience with Autodesk 3 D Inventor with Vault data management, or other 3D CAD packages.
- Proficiency in use of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Comprehensive understanding of fit and function of complex designs.
- Ability to develop in-house finite element analysis (FEA) modeling capabilities is desirable.
- Competence in recognizing and correcting design errors, tolerance requirements, material preferences and manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- Expertise in dealing with people effectively and politely.
- Occasional travel (up to 10%)
- Identify training and continuing education opportunities for mechanical design department.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Designer
Location: Jupiter, FL
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 324387
Posted Date: 5/14/2018