Manufacturing Technician - Chanhassen, MN
We are currently seeking Manufacturing Technicians for a 6+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Chanhassen, MN. The qualified candidates will perform basic electronic or electro-mechanical assembly or wiring operations.
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with OT, as needed
- Use work instructions, wire run lists, electrical and/or mechanical diagrams, and/or verbal instructions to complete work.
- Disassemble, rework, or reassemble units as necessary to meet production schedules.
- Work within appropriate cleanliness, quality, material handling and safety procedures.
- Through observation of work area(s), is alert to and avoid unsafe behaviors and conditions or other hazards. Report any observed hazards to supervisor. Participate in corrective measures when appropriate or authorized. Maintain personal are in an orderly fashion, free of hazards.
- Perform any and all quality checks, audits and inspections required and is accountable for the quality of any finished product, subassembly and/or installed components. Participate in quality and productivity improvement activities including process improvement teams, BPI, Kaizen teams, etc.
- Report all injuries and/or near misses to supervisor immediately. Participate in and cooperates with accident investigations.
- Fully participate in assigned training programs. Attempt to perform only those tasks for which proper training has been received. Notify supervisor if faced with a task which is potentially hazardous to self or co-workers due to inadequate training or lack of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Become familiar with and practice all safety procedures. Seek clarification or additional information when required. Strictly adhere to requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) and all safety rules.
- Operate basic computer programs as necessary to perform work.
- Complete required documentation as assigned, including, but not limited to: time sheets, vacation requests, supply issues, etc. Understand and follow all applicable ISO procedures.
- Package and prepare equipment for shipment as needed.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and document control to maintain work instructions and other manufacturing documentation such as as-build documents, marking up and redlining drawings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customer.
- Minimum of six months of related manufacturing experience including the ability to assemble complex mechanical, electrical and electronic subsystems, the ability to communicate and cooperate with co-workers at a level necessary to maintain a safe, high quality and productive work environment, proven mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be self-motivated and the capability to be work independently and in groups using work instructions, wire run lists and/or other written or verbal instructions.
- Basic computer operating experience.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime which is often required to meet production schedules.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Use small hand and power tools as well as measuring devices.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness in a clean manufacturing environment.
High school diploma or equivalent
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Location: Chanhassen, MN
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 324438
Posted Date: 5/7/2018