Network Security Design Engineer - Atlanta, GA
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Network Security Design Engineer to work onsite in Atlanta, GA. While this is a 1 year contract position it has the potential to extend. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Interview Process: Phone interview followed by in person interview
You will be part of the client's Global Operations Center Organization specializing in Data Center Network, Firewall and Application Distribution.
Responsibilities include technical assessments, design, standards validation, implementation, maintenance, project planning, technical documentation, training, technical support, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Architect, Design, Implement, and Troubleshoot.
• A solid background designing, managing, and troubleshooting a diverse multi-protocol, switched and routed enterprise networks.
• The candidate must be good at documentation in general. Competent with working with network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
• Ability to be able to troubleshoot network connectivity issues with both external and internal clients.
• Heavy hands-on experience with multiple internetworking devices
• Ability to use packet tracing technologies to troubleshoot network issues.
• Strong knowledge of Application Delivery Platforms
• Will be required to provide support 24/7 as a point of escalation
Top Skills: Route/Switch, Data Center, Cisco ISE, Wireless, ISP/Vendor experience
• Minimum 3 years hands on experience as a Network Engineer
• Network protocols and understanding of data communications in business environment
• Strong understanding on internetworking technologies likes VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocol like EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, route-redistribution, summarization, Policy-Routing, well as MPLS-based technologies
• Working knowledge and understanding of security, such as IPSEC tunnels, VPNs and firewalls
• Strong understanding of switching technologies; trunking, spanning-tree, dot1q, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, Multi-layer switching
• Understanding of network management; SNMP, Netflow, IPSLA, etc.
• Extensive working knowledge for network services, such as HSRP, TFTP, SCP, SSH, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, NAT, etc.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem analytical skill
• Must have excellent team building and communication skills.
• Using and interpreting packet captures
• Provide ability to plan and organize work within a tight team oriented structure.
• Some programing knowledge, ability to analyze scripts
• Strong inter-personal, communication and organizational skills
• Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done
• Candidate should be customer focus
• Cisco switches and Routers: Cisco 4900, Cisco ASR 1002, Cisco 3750, Cisco 6500, Cisco 3800, Cisco 7600, Nexus switches
• F5 (LTM, GTM, APM, etc.)
• Citrix NetScaler
• Juniper Switches
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Four years college degree or equivalent experience
• Enterprise & Core Routing and Switching Experience
• Application Delivery and Load Balancing
• WAN Optimization
• Cloud Services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Cloud integration)
• Experience in planning, infrastructure assessment and migrations
• Security including IPSEC, VPNS, Firewalls, and packet analysis
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network Security Design Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 324735
Posted Date: 5/9/2018